Researchers have found the following:
- People taking a probiotic supplement were 42% less likely to develop antibiotic-associated diarrhea compared to people using no supplement or placebo.
- The various strains of bacteria and yeasts used in probiotics were all similarly effective.
- Probiotics were equally helpful in children and adults.
- People benefited similarly from probiotics regardless of the nature of the original infection for which antibiotics were given.
In addition to preventing antibiotic-associated diarrhea, here are some other reasons to take probiotic supplements:
- Yeast infections. Probiotics are useful for preventing and treating yeast infections such as yeast vaginitis, thrush, and intestinal candidiasis.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Probiotic supplements can reduce IBS symptoms like bloating, abdominal discomfort, and bowel irregularity.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Both Chron’s disease and ulcerative colitis cause changes in the intestinal wall that make it hard for healthy bacteria to thrive. Many people with these conditions benefit from supplementing with probiotics.
- Colds and flu. Supplementing with probiotics strengthens immune function and prevents all kinds of infections, including colds and flus.
This information was provided by CarePoints.
Contact us for more information on Cuprem’s probiotics for humans- Healthy Gut Support, or order online today!
Arwin V. Mulford